Corporate Social Responsibility
PPGPL’s external CSR programme captures a range of activities that have been developed for 3 major communities: fence line, pipeline and national. One of the company’s national CSR initiatives is Gift to the Nation which is tied to the company’s safety performance. The Gift to the Nation (GTTN) programme was established in 1997 and has enabled employees to relate to the company’s corporate giving as it is dependent on their achievement of the company’s safety goals. Over the years, the following GTTN projects were delivered:
- 1997: A Mobile Blood Unit was donated to the Blood Bank.
- 1999: An interactive, environmental education CD-ROM was given to every secondary school in the nation.
- 2001: A Blood Analyser was donated to the Radiotherapy Center to determine the effectiveness of various chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatments.
- 2003/4: Construction of Casa de Corazon for orphaned and abused children.
- 2007: Trinidad and Tobago Association of Retired Persons (TTARP) – 30 seat bus donated to TTARP for the elderly.
- 2010: Mission To Safely Reach National Road Safety Campaign.